MDH to start several new programmes in autumn
Apr 07, 2015 | Education
In the autumn term, several new programmes will be introduced at MDH, while some others will feature new specializations or subject combinations. One example is the energy engineering programme’s new specialization in electrical engineering, which is offered in direct cooperation with ABB, Bombardier, Westinghouse and Mälarenergi. Another example is the nationally unique specialization in the engineering programme, called aeronautics engineering.
MDH always aims for study programmes to be closely tied to the labour market and adapted to current needs in society. That is why the choice of programmes is regularly reviewed and modified. In the autumn, for example, two programmes will start that address the need for engineers.
The demands for efficient energy use increase, and the need for experts in electrical engineering is considerable. The industry anticipates a recruitment need corresponding to about 2000 individuals annually in the next few years. Something else that has increased is the need to develop reliable technology for exploring space, improving aviation safety or rationalizing healthcare, which means that the need for new types of engineers is greater than ever.
To prepare for the future, MDH will, among other things, start two new programmes in the autumn 2015:
- a unique engineering programme with a specialization in electrical engineering, in direct cooperation with ABB, Bombardier, Mälarenergi and Westinghouse,
- a nationally unique engineering programme focusing on reliable aeronautics systems.
More changes regarding the programmes at MDH
There are, however, more changes regarding the undergraduate programmes offered in the autumn:
- The energy engineering programme gets two new specializations: electrical engineering and heating technology.
- The social science programme will not be offered.
- The engineering programme in innovation and product design will not be offered.
- The engineering programme in innovation, production and logistics will not be offered.
- A new engineering programme in production and product design will be offered.
- The aeronautics engineering programme will not be offered.
- A new engineering programme in reliable aeronautics systems will be offered.
- The innovation programme MTO in business administration will not be offered.
- The innovation programme MTO in psychology will not be offered.
- A new innovation programme will be offered.
- The preschool-teacher programme will not include a distance education alternative.
- The subject-teacher programme for upper-secondary school will include a new subject combination: mathematics/technology.