New library system – how it will affect you
Sep 28, 2016 | Student
As from September 30 the University library will start to use a new library system and this will affect you as a patron in the following ways.
- You log in to the library’s Discoverysystem Primo by using your MDH account to make reservations on books and renew loans.
- If you use your personal security number in the check-outs you have to use 12 numbers instead of 10. You still can use your MDH card to check out books.
- If you are an employee at MDH your loans will be automatically renewed. If there is a reservation at the book, you will get an e-mail that the loan has not been renewed and that you have to return it as soon as possible.
- There is one search box for all the material in the library, both books, e-books and articles. You are able to reserve books directly from the search results list.
- If you have an account in our current Discovery system, EDS, you have to save your saved searches if you would like to keep them. You have access to EDS until December 31, then your account will disappear.
Please contact us in case of any questions.
Telephone Västerås: 021-10 13 44
Telephone Eskilstuna: 016-15 37 00